Okay, so maybe Battlefield 1 isn’t the first game you think of when it comes to “holiday cheer,” but that isn’t stopping DICE and Electronic Arts from implementing some with a series of activities across a Seasonal Event, as well as a new custom game.
The companies broke down a schedule of events on the official Battlefield 1 blog page, including what players will be able to earn over the course of the next week. The big thing, though, is the debut of a new event, the Blind Delivery custom game. With that, a variant of War Pigeons with a bad HUD and limited weaponry, are featured.
Here’s the full breakdown of what the week will bring to the world of Battlefield 1!
- December 21st: The new Custom Game “Blind Delivery” goes live. Tackle this unique take on the War Pigeons mode where the minimap is turned off and only handguns and explosives are allowed.
- December 22nd: The “Holiday Truce” Dog Tag will be awarded to all players starting December 22nd (one per account.) All you need to do is login to Battlefield 1 after this date and this iconic Dog Tag will be yours.
- December 22nd: Vehicle Skins are introduced to Battlefield 1. In the new Battlepacks revision you might get hold of two Heavy Tank skins: the Distinguished “SchnucK” or the Legendary “Desert Gold.”
- December 23rd – December 29th: All players that login to Battlefield 1 during this period will receive a free Battlepack (one per account.)
- December 23rd – December 29th: All Battlefield 1 Premium Pass owners that login between December 23rd and December 29th will receive two Superior Battlepacks.
It never hurts to get some cool Battlepacks on the house, as well as taking part in a battle with War Pigeons. It may not have the most festive appearance, but there’s no doubt that this will all feel like Christmas to Battlefield 1 players.