A new version of Final Fantasy XV has gone live, and assuming that you have background downloading enabled on your console, it should be downloading as we speak, according to Destructoid. Version 1.05 has gone live, offering PS4 Pro owners the biggest benefit, with an unlocked frame rate capable of reaching 60 fps. That's not a guaranteed 60 fps, mind you, but you should see a significant bump after this patch if you're playing on PS4 Pro.
You can also now listen to the music player while riding a Chocobo, which is the real headline here. I'm not sure why more people aren't talking about this. Oh yeah, the level cap has been bumped up to 120. Here's the full list of additions (via Gematsu):
- PS4 Pro Full HD 60 fps support – Not always 60 frames per second, but a maximum 60 frames per second.
- Limited time quests – Quests that you can only take on for a limited time. This time it’s Hunts, but in the future there will be different quests such as fishing.
- Level cap raised to 120 – Your experience points won’t count towards past level 99 until after the update, meaning you can’t start stocking up experience points before the update.
- Photo capacity increased from 150 to 200.
- Use the music player while riding a Chocobo.
There are more updates on the way, including some significant changes to the story in Chapter 13. Here's the lineup for the foreseeable future:
Chapter 13 – Enhancements to the final stages of the game, including Chapter 13. You’ll also be able to play as Gladiolus for a short period.
Booster Pack+ (February 21)
Boost Sword (weapon)
Dragon Mod (fishing rod)
Booster Pack (Free Version) (due out at a later date)
Invincible suit “Magitek Exosuit” (Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto, Ignis)
Episode: Gladiolus (March 28)
Episode: Prompto (June)
Free-Driving the Regalia
- Free drive—the ability to drive the Regalia outside of designated roads—is currently in development. Director Hajime Tabata noted that he is experimenting with various other things that he would like to share, not in an Active Time Report, but through more casual means.
- Platinum Demo: Final Fantasy XV will be taken off of PlayStation Network and Xbox Live on March 31. Get it while you can!