Following the release of update 1.06 and 1.07 yesterday, the newest character driven DLC for Final Fantasy XV, Episode Gladiolus, is now available for players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. "Fans of FINAL FANTASY XV can experience the world of Eos from a new perspective in the game’s first character-focused downloadable content (DLC), titled Episode Gladiolus. For the first time, players will set aside the swift warp-strike play style of the Crown Prince Noctis and take on the role of faithful comrade Gladiolus, who utilizes a vastly different play style emphasizing defense, blocking and counterattacks."
Of course, this likely isn't the first time many of you have taken control of Gladio. Yesterday's updates unlocked a new section of Chapter 13 in Final Fantasy XV's main story, which Square Enix is calling Chapter 13 Verse 2. In this new stretch of story players are actually able to control Gladio for a bit, so many of you got in some good practice with ol' muscles before the launch of today's DLC.
If you purchased the Final Fantasy XV season pass, then Epsisode Gladiolus will be free for you, and should download automatically. If you're interested in playing this on its own without committing, you can purchase the DLC on its own (assuming you have the base game) for about $5. Here's everything included:
- A new story told from Gladiolus’ perspective uncovering the events that transpired when the character left the party in FINAL FANTASY XV’s main storyline
- An exhilarating combat system that capitalizes on Gladiolus’ blocking and counterattacking play style through the new “Valor” and “Rage” system
- Previously inaccessible parts of Eos that are now open for exploration
- Special items that can be carried over the main game and exclusive to those who complete Episode Gladiolus
- Two brand-new gameplay modes, “Score Attack” and “Final Trial” made available upon completing Episode Gladiolus
To get you caught up on everything that has changed and been added along with these March updates and this new DLC, Square Enix has released a nifty little briefing trailer, which you can view below: