A while back we reported that Machine Zone, developer of mobile game smash hits Game of War and Mobile Strike, was working on a massively multiplayer Final Fantasy XV game slated to hit mobile. It sounded utterly bizarre at the time, and we had totally forgotten about it until now. Introducing Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire.
This is a new mobile game very much in line with games like Game of War. You'll get to build up your own empire and army, and then send troops to do battle with other players' armies. You'll also get to take control of key characters from Final Fantasy XV. The game is currently playable on iOS in New Zealand as part of a soft launch, but we don't have any official word as to when we can expect to see it in the states. We've got some screenshots in the gallery below. Here's the official rundown:
"Be the hero of your own Final Fantasy XV adventure in the brand new mobile strategy game Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire! Build your own kingdom, discover powerful magic, and dominate the realm alongside all of your friends! Do you have the courage to fulfill your destiny? Journey through vast kingdoms, gather magical resources, and build the strongest Empire in Final Fantasy history!"
- Experience your very own FFXV adventure on your mobile phone
- Jump into the action with Noctis, Cindy, and all of your favorite FF15 characters
- Fight alongside friends and against foes in legendary battles against millions of players from around the world!
- Build up your Empire and train your troops to win in action packed, real-time battles
- Create the ultimate Guild or join up with already-powerful forces
- Strategize with your guild to crush enemies and beasts in real-time battles
- Compete for the Crystal against players from all over the world
- An open world with no rules: only magic. Will your magic grow or do you stand to be defeated?
- Your legend starts now in the new MMORPG: Final Fantasy 15: A New Empire.
It looks pretty interesting, and we're definitely eager to get a hold of some gameplay footage. We're hoping that surfaces soon. As soon as we learn more, or hear about when we can expect this one in North America, we'll let you know right away.