If you’re a fan of asymmetrical horror games – or, in layman’s terms, just having your hair stand up on end as you get scared silly – you’d best prepare for Dead By Daylight.
Starbreeze Publishing, working alongside the team at Behaviour Interactive, has announced that it has partnered with 505 Games to bring the hit PC game Dead By Daylight to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game is currently set to release on June 20th for both platforms.
The game has already sold more than 1.8 million units on the PC front, and offers plenty of scares that are sure to keep those fans happy.
In the game, you play a crazed killer that hunts after four friends in a terrifying nightmare. Players can actually alternate between the roles of both killer and survivors, to see how things are on both sides of the spectrum. “It’s a Mature Gamer take on the thrills of Hide and Seek,” the company noted in its press statement.
“Players experience two styles of gameplay – as a survivor, from third-person perspective; or the killer, in first-person perspective. Survivors can work together or act alone using their situational awareness, while killers are on the hunt in first-person, focused on their prey. With a dynamic environment that changes after every play through, players must find new ways to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught,” the company noted.
As for features that players can look forward to, they’re broken down below:
- A Feast for Killers – Dead by Daylightdraws from all corners of the horror world. Play anything from a powerful Slasher to terrifying paranormal entity. Players can familiarize themselves with the Killing Grounds and master each killer’s unique power to be able to hunt, catch and sacrifice victims.
- Deeper and Deeper – Each killer and survivor has their own deep progression system and plenty of unlockables that can be customized to fit each player’s own personal strategy. Experience, skills and understanding of the environment are key to being able to hunt or outwit the killer.
- Real Fear – Expect the unexpected. Ambience, music, and chilling environments combine into a terrifying experience. With enough time, players might even discover what’s hiding in the fog.
- Survive Together… Or Not – Survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Chances for survival depend on player’s decisions.
- Where Am I? – Each level is procedurally generated, so players never know what to expect. Random spawn points mean players will never feel safe as the world and its danger change every play through.
In addition to the game, players that purchase the console edition will also get other extras, including the original game soundtrack, add-ons The 80’s Suitcase, The Bloodstained, and The Ol’ Flesh and Mud, and future DLC that will be added following its release.
So there you go. Get ready to kill or be killed!