Square Enix has confirmed that the game will get an update this Thursday, April 27th, that will add support for the new system, as well as the introduction of a few timed quests that fans of the game will certainly enjoy.
The new PlayStation 4 Pro friendly mode, titled Stable Mode, will provide a cleaner frame rate over the PlayStation 4 version of the game, along with the ability to resize subtitles and begin a new timed quest with ranking that will offer up a new weapon to add to your arsenal.
Check out the notes from the update below:
- New “Stable Mode” added to the PlayStation 4 Pro resolution options. With this mode, you can comfortably enjoy playing the game with a stable frame rate.
- Subtitles, as well as some menu screen text sizes have been enlarged.
- Timed Quests will start up again, and a new ranking feature has been added. You can get a wonderful weapon as an initial reward.
- New car stickers added for Regalia customization.
- New songs added to the music player.
This update will no doubt be good news to players who have both the game and the new hardware, as it’ll make it look better than ever before. Not that it looked shabby on older systems, but it sounds like Stable Mode will do a whole lot for it in terms of visuals.
Plus, the new Timed Quests, songs and car stickers will no doubt be good news for players trying to customize their experience a bit more, as it provides more replay value outside of the main adventure – which is pretty lengthy in its own right.
The update is free of charge, and should prompt automatically sometime tomorrow, once Square Enix sets it live. Enjoy, and don’t forget to put those car stickers and songs to good use!
Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.