Horizon Zero Dawn is, simply put, one of the best-looking video games ever. The game isn’t just a technical marvel, it’s also an impressive artistic achievement, and developer Guerrilla Games really want players to appreciate the beautiful world they’ve built. Horizon Zero Dawn already had a very good photo mode, and Guerrilla will make the mode even better in the game’s next update.
Here’s what a post on the official PlayStation Blog is promising for the update:
“We are very happy to share with all of you that our upcoming patch will include an update for photo mode. We are adding three new filters, the ability to show a grid, option to add ‘greetings from’ to the image, the ability to select different poses for Aloy, select a facial expression and make her look into the camera. We already created some images for you to get an idea of what we are adding and we cannot wait to see what you can do with these new additions.”
Sony also shared a few of their favorite images that have been captured in Horizon Zero Dawn’s photo mode. Some of this stuff could be hung in a gallery.
Here’s a list of all the major things Horizon Zero Dawn patch 1.20 adds:
Improved photo mode with new features:
- Added poses for Aloy
- Added facial expressions for Aloy
- Added 3 new filters
- Added a “look at the camera” mode for Aloy
- Added “greetings from” cards
- Improved the camera controls
- Added the option to hide Aloy inside settlements while in photo mode.
- Added a sell stack option at merchants when double tapping the square icon.
- Added filters and a legend to the in game map and the quest map.
- Added several new custom HUD options.
- Added an additional blue health bar on top of the player’s health bar whenever the Shield Weaver Armor is equipped to indicate the amount of extra health points the armor is providing.
- Added difficulty setting components to the Shield Weaver Armor’s damage protection. On hard mode the armor received a 40% armor reduction, on very hard the armor received a 66.6% reduction.
- Added the option to hide headgear for Aloy.
- Added the option to categorize and sort your inventory.
Added categories in the crafting menu:
- Green check mark for categories that are finished
- White icon for categories that have recipes that can be crafted
- Grey icon for categories that have no recipes that can be crafted
- Added the feature in the Sell menu at merchants, you can now press triangle to mark one or more items to sell items quicker.
- Added gameplay time to the statistics menu.
- Changed the timing of some tutorials that were repeatedly displayed, they are now less frequent.
- Added the option to control the x and y axis sensitivity of the camera.
- Added Spanish language support for North American copies of the game. Spanish subtitles can now be enabled, and Spanish audio is also now supported via a Spanish VO pack that can be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Store.
If you need to know about every minor bug fix and tweak, you can do that here.
You can check out all WWG’s Horizon Zero Dawn coverage, right here.