Hot on the heels of our report that Overwatch could be getting new content sometime this month, a 4chan user by the name of QAAustinAustit has reportedly leaked a list of what content is coming to the game.
This user reportedly works with Overwatch’s Austin-based QA team, and previously reported on the “spider robot” before Orisa’s reveal, so there could be some truth to what’s included here. But considering that none of it is official, take it all with a grain of salt.
The leak, previously reported by EGM, indicates we’ll see the following content, including a trio of new Heroes and some additional content:
- This has been rumored for some time, with Terry Crews, who’s been looking to get cast in the role, dropping by Blizzard, as well as hinting that he will be at E3 with some kind of surprise.
- This mysterious hero will reportedly enter into the game’s testing area soon, bringing with her a unique skill set that includes creating walls, similar in defensive pattern to Mei. She will be able to set up her own routes this way, though, and she can also fight back with the help of a wrist computer.
- Another hero, the third on the list, may not arrive until later this year. He could very well be carrying some kind of pistol and tablet, and be able to control nanobots in an RTS-style fashion – which would also make him ideal for something like Heroes of the Storm.
- New event. This was hinted at earlier, as it’s rumored to launch on May 24th – the game’s anniversary – alongside the reported arrival of Doomfist. Details aren’t there just yet, but it could be happening right after the Uprising event wraps up.
- More single player content. The link suggests that we could be seeing more single player content added to the game, though what it is hasn’t been made clear just yet. Single player missions, perhaps?
Again, take these rumors with a grain of salt. 4chan isn’t exactly the most believable of sources, but there have been recent updates to the Overwatch YouTube channel, so who knows?