Valve has released its latest update to the popular first-person shooter Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Included in this update is a brand new map in the form of Canals which is available for play in all game modes.
Another addition that fans will love is a new case. The Spectrum Case will add 17 community designed skins to the game available through the case. The case gets even better, though, inside it, you can get the second generation knives in Chroma finishes.
Another big chance to note is the ability to see your teams equipment and location. With the bind Show Team Equipment ( +cl_show_team_equipment ) and game setting Team ID to Always On ( cl_teamid_overhead_always ) players can now see their teammates and their equipment no matter where they are on the map. It does come with a shut-off switch, however, as servers can disable these features with the following commands: sv_teamid_overhead_always_prohibit / sv_show_team_equipment_prohibit.
In addition, there were some fixes to Nuke, Cobblestone, Italy, and Cache.
- Released Canals, available in all game modes.
- Visually upgraded the Phoenix Terrorist player model.
- Added the Spectrum Case, featuring 17 community designs. In the Spectrum Case, the rare special item will be the second generation of knives in Chroma finishes.
- Improved performance when using HRTF.
- Fixed some cases where grenade sounds wouldn’t play when they should.
- Fixed teammate color problem when teammates select an invalid color.
- cl_drawhud_force_radar can have three values: -1 to force draw no radar, 0 default, 1 to force draw radar even if other HUD is disabled.
- cl_drawhud_force_deathnotices can have three values: -1 to force draw no deathnotices, 0 default, 1 to force draw deathnotices even if other HUD is disabled.
- Added option to Game Settings to set Team ID to Always On ( cl_teamid_overhead_always ). Server can disable with sv_teamid_overhead_always_prohibit.
- Added binding to Show Team Equipment ( +cl_show_team_equipment ) that will show teammates’ full Target ID, including equipment. Server can disable with sv_show_team_equipment_prohibit.
- func_rotating objects no longer freeze and spam server console after rotating 1000 times
- Thinned out corner when coming into hut from lobby, making it easier to peek into A site
- Bullets now do more damage when shot through walls in hut– Raised rollup door in Mini, making it easier to see towards rafters
- Removed three boxes on top of blue container near garage– Reduced C4 explosion radius from 500 to 400 units (Thanks NaVi!)
- Made water outside the map deeper (Thanks hollandje!)
- Raised arch on CT side of long A
- Fixed some boost exploits
- Railing on top of boost position near T bridge no longer blocks bullets
- Various bug fixes