It's almost that time again. League of Legends is right around the corner for the NA LCS. Season 7 promises to be much different than Season 6 (I mean, look at ADC Ziggs) so here's a brief breakdown of everything you need to know.
What Happened in the Offseason?
- Expedited arbitration for ruling disputes during the LCS
- Dedicated allocation of money for digital goods (minimum $50,000)
- Head Coach protection from poaching
- Prize pool has doubled ($200,000)
- Expanded team rosters (10 players total, including 3 inactive)
- NA LCS and Challenger Sister Teams cannot both exist in LCS
- Rosters submitted January 4, will be released on lolesports on January 9
What Do I Need to Know About the Start of the Season?
- NA LCS kicks off on January 20 at 3:00 PM PT
- Afterwards, the schedule will be Fridays at 3:00 PM PT, Saturdays at 12:00 PM PT
- The Spring Split schedule will be announced January 9
- Flex scheduling in effect for weeks 5-9
What About the Playoffs?
- Quarterfinals: April 8-9
- Semifinals: April 15-16
- Finals: April 22-23
- Team SoloMid
- Counter Logic Gaming
- Echo Fox
- Team Liquid
- Team EnVyUs