Who doesn't love finding out sweet new ways to improve your game? Reddit user Tjeliep certainly does and has created a list of things "you wish you knew earlier" with the help of the community to share with the world.
Posted to the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive subreddit, the list provides readers with tips and tricks that some may view as common knowledge while others open a whole new world of possibilities.
Included in the list are the sources of information and some even come with more detailed guides or information to help readers better understand the tip, trick, or alteration to the game.
- By using "cl_join_advertise 2" once in console your friends can join you when you're in community servers! This is a thing for me I wish I knew before.
- You can throw utility in 5 different ways, not 3! Credit to this post. It's when I first learned it. To be honest, I never actually used it, but you might find it useful!
- Typing "demos" in console makes you able to go into settings without going out of lobby! Gif. Credit to this post.
- Some cool defuse tips from this post a week ago if you missed it. Also read the top comment. In short: you can left throw while defusing, and instantly shoot when you stop defusing. Definitely helpful for me, even though I'm an older player.
- Enemies can't hear you switch weapons! (But they will hear the sound when you use your scope of the AWP or SSG/scout. Enemies also hear you switch to burst shot with glock and famas)
- This one should be pretty obvious, but you can change your radar settings! You can make it bigger in size, make it centered, scale the map, make it static or rotate etc. Here is a cool article about it. You can also always take the easy way out and copy one from a pro config to your liking.
- This one is obvious too, but honestly I always played with music sounds off so it took me more than a year before I knew this one even existed. There is a warning sound in music options called "Ten Second Warning Volume". Use it! It does literally what it says. When you hear the song, you know there is less than 10 seconds left to defuse. It's a really good indicator for when you have no kit, so you know you will make the defuse or not. Even for when you have a kit, it still tells you it's safe to go for it because the warning song just started.
- Crouch jumping. Most of you know this already, but for newer players it's good to note that this game has a weird mechanic when it comes to jumping. When you jump and hold the crouch button at the same time, you get a little higher. You can jump on some boxes you couldn't otherwise. Here is a random video showing it.
- This one might help some older players too. When you have over 50 armor left, there is no need to re-buy armor (unless you need to upgrade for head armor!!). The lowest armor pen weapon in the game is glock with around ~48%. So imagine you survived with 1 hp and you had 50 armor at the start of the round. You'd still have ~2% armor left. Source. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I just know for certain that you will never have 0 armor, if you survive when you started the round with 50+ armor. (see edit 3 for a better explanation) So it's a waste of money to re-buy, and this is definitely a thing I wish I knew earlier.
- Use "cl_autowepswitch 0" so when you pick up a weapon off the ground, it won't automatically switch to it. thank /u/HMozaiq
- Shooting while on a ladder gives you terrible accuracy. I still see this happening a lot on cache, so thought it might be useful information for some people.
- Just remembered this one, might be good for a lot of players! Walking with the bomb is just as fast as walking with a knife. You can also hold E before you're on the site. Doing this it will plant when you get on site, however there is a slight delay (thank mr /u/skyend).
- Should be obvious, but you can see whether a player or bomb is above or below you on radar.
- When you're not sure where the bomb is planted, or you're blind/smoked off, you can use the "gameinstructor_enable" command. It's the annoying help thingy which you all have disabled. You can make a bind and toggle that on/off and use it to locate the bomb. example bind: bind "mouse 5" "toggle gameinstructor_enable" Sparkles video showing itand here a helpful post with an alias to make it hold only
- Use getpos and setpos for offline/teampractice. getpos will give you the position and the angle so you can copy and send it to a friend. then setpos + what you got from getpos = you will be teleported to this postion with this angle. Permalink thank mr /u/lenny2403
- Observe your enemies pings. High ping means that you will have an advantage if you're the peeker in a fight. Permalink (thank /u/karlmental)
- You can use decoys as fake flashes since they look a like. If you're desperate, using a pistol is an out too. (thank mr /u/specterSAN20) Don't throw your awp as a fake flash though, it's not that simple.
- It's easier to see through the fire/smoke of a molotov up close than it's from afar. (thank mr /u/specterSAN20)
- You can still zoom with your awp while defusing and drop your weapons. This will make a sound and might bamboozle your opponent that it's a fake. Or of course, keep it in mind when YOU are the CT retaking. (thank mr /u/specterSAN20)
- If you throw a smoke early in the round, you can quickly run back to base and buy another flash/molotov/HE. (thank mr /u/specterSAN20)
- Did you know you can hold mouse1 with an autosniper and it'll keep tapping? I mean, it's called AUTO sniper, and I never knew until someone told me :P
- This is just Fluff, but you can reset inspecting your knife with R. So if you go like F > R > F > R > F repeatedly, you get a funny looking animation.
- Fluff: You can also hold 'F' so the inspect animation stays. (thank mr /u/De_Tayl) Example & shameless self advertising.
- Shoulder peeking! Basically ADADAD near a wall where the goal of your peek is to throw the opponent off. You only show a little, so he will always be late shooting you (unless he has kennyS like reactions). Steel video (Thank mr /u/twisterxk)
- Switching to a gun manually after throwing a nade is faster than letting it happen automatically. E.g. mashing 1 after throwing a flash. (thank mr /u/SouvenirSubmarine)
Disclaimer: Do not make any adjustments to your game without knowing the full possibilities and/or repercussions of the action.
Any in particular that you didn't know and think would be helpful? Let us know in the comments below!