Watch live video from WWG on www.twitch.tv
Today on The Checkpoint, the daily esports show on twitch.tv/wwg that airs each weekday at 2:00 pm ET/11:00 am PT:
- No. 15 mousesports in the WWG CS:GO Team Rankings took out No. 18 Team Kinguin 2-0 in EU ESL Pro League CS:GO action yesterday. No. 1 Astralis also won their set 2-0, but No. 23 LDLC put up a big fight including a double overtime game on Map 2 of the set.
In North America, No. 9 Cloud9 demolished No. 21 Renegades 2-0, No. 2 SK Gaming defeated a surprisingly strong Rush team 2-0, Misfits eliminated Selfless 2-0, and No. 19 Team Liquid defeated compLexity 2-0 as well.
- In the StarLadder iLeague StarSeries Season 3 Dota 2 Group Stages, OG defeated TNC 2-0 and Team Secret beat iG.Vitality 2-0 as well in Group A. In the winner's match, OG took out Team Secret to advance into the playoffs of the event.
In Group B, Team Liquid narrowly defeated Team VG.J 2-1 including a very weird 78 minute long game one that both Liquid and VG.J tried to throw. Wings Gaming defeated Digital Chaos 2-0, and Team Liquid, coming back after disappointing recent performances took out the defending International champions Wings 2-0 in the winner's match to advance to the playoffs.
- In the ESL Hearthstone Trinity Series, compLexity Gaming took out G2 Esports 6-5 in a very close set where G2 nearly overcame an early 5-2 deficit to tie the set and force a deciding game 11. Also, Team Liquid defeated Tempo Storm 6-3 in a much needed win for Liquid.
- The Overwatch League just had some announcements from Nate Nanzer, Overwatch Esports Director, at a conference in Korea. The OW League will be limited in scope in year one and launching sometime around Q3 2017 with a relatively small base of teams to begin.
- It was announced that Zlatan Ibrahimovic was part of an investment group that recently put over a million dollars into Challengermode, a Nordic esports and tournament platform.
Later in the show, Quintin "Paradox" Johnson, Call of Duty commentator, joins the show to talk about recent CWL results, CoD parity, and the direction of the future of the series.