- In the Overwatch Carbon Series, Hammers Esports took out Luminosity Gaming 3-1 while compLexity Gaming took out Renegades 3-2. The latter is a disappointing result for the Renegades who had so much promise coming in to this season, quickly capturing their first two wins. However, losing to the winless compLexity squad that is in rebuilding mode is certainly a setback.
- Over in Korean Overwatch action, OGN Apex Season 2 finished up the last two matches of the first group stage. Kongdoo Uncia took out Cloud9 3-2 in an extremely close set that Cloud9 very well could have won. Since C9 lost earlier in the event to much worse teams, they gave themselves no room for error in this set.
Also, RunAway obliterated Fnatic 3-0. As the maps went on and especially at Volskaya Industries, it seemed like the wind was sucked out of the sails of this Fnatic team and they made several mistakes getting picked off before fights and would fail to convert 6v5 fights that started in their favor.
- Longzhu Gaming fought off an MVP team 2-1 that was unable to make the midgame work against the superior macro play of Longzhu in the League of Legends LCK. MVP did a great job taking early advantages including first bloods and turrets but couldn't close out the games.
In the second match of the night in a set only the diehards were excited for, afreeca Freecs easily took out Kongdoo Monster 2-0 after the latter's return from a disappointing IEM Katowice event.
- Journey to Un'Goro, the newest Hearthstone expansion, has released some indicators of what the new design direction will look like. Notable are the changes of several already existing cards to a new tribal type, Elemental, a mechanic called "Adapt" that allows a player to Discover 3 of 10 possible effects to buff the card being put into play, and Quest cards that always appear in the opening hand but have a series of objectives associated with them for big rewards.
- Finally, Peter Moore, long time gaming executive, has announced that he is going to be heading up Liverpool FC as their CEO. Given his propensity for marrying sports and esports together, fully expect Moore to introduce an esports element to the major sports team.
James Bates joined the show in the interview segment to talk about the IEM Katowice LoL event, including what went right, what went disastrously wrong, and why he doesn't just want events to have SK Telecom T1 show up and smash everyone.