- In the quarterfinals of the IEM Katowice CS:GO event over the weekend, No. 1 Astralis in the WWG CS:GO Team Rankings beat up on No. 4 Natus Vincere including a 16-2 on Nuke. No. 9 Immortals upset No. 5 North with a 2-1 victory to keep their great run in the event alive.
The semifinals brought the Cinderella story runs of No. 18 Heroic and Immortals to an end, as they lost 2-0 to Astralis and No. 6 FaZe Clan, respectively.
The finals started strong for the newly updated FaZe Clan as they took Cache over Astralis 16-9. However, after going up early in map two on Overpass, FaZe lost an advantage including an anti-eco round loss to a Deagle ace from Dupreeh and dropped the map 16-12. Astralis went on to win Nuke and Inferno as well, giving them the tournament.
- In the Starcraft II side of the IEM World Championship, Terran player TY won $100,000 and a guaranteed spot at the Blizzcon World Finals over the Protoss player Stats who took $45,000. Serral, Zerg player from Finland, was the only foreigner to make the top 8.
- The League of Legends NA LCS produced some interesting results over the weekend. Team Liquid with a newly minted Piglet in mid lane won 2-1 over the Immortals. Counter Logic Gaming defeated Phoenix1 2-1 on a strong performance from Stixxay who has been using Ezreal to great effect lately.
In Day 2 action, Cloud9 took out Echo Fox 2-0, FlyQuest defeated Team EnVyUs 2-1, Team SoloMid won 2-0 over CLG, and Phoenix1 defeated Team Dignitas. On Day 3, TSM beat Dignitas 2-0, Echo Fox put down Midlet and Liquid 2-1, Cloud9 beat FlyQuest once again 2-0, and Team EnVyUs got a win over a struggling Immortals 2-1.
- On the EU LCS side of things Misfits continued to surprise with a 2-1 win over Unicorns of Love and a 2-0 win over Origen, bringing their season record to 7-1. Also, H2k-Gaming beat Fnatic 2-0, G2 Esports defeated Vitality 2-0, Splyce took out GIANTS! 2-0, and Unicorns of Love rebounded against ROCCAT 2-0.
- The Overwatch League was rumored to have spots go for as much as $15 million for the LA franchise spot. This figure has been openly questioned by many industry experts.
Matt Best joined the show to talk about the recent storylines in the NA LCS, including a mid-split update on the top tier teams and who will avoid relegation.