- Starting off the worst day in League of Legends competitive play ever, according to WWG's James Bates (and an opinion shared by this author), KT Rolster smashed the bbq OLIVERS 2-0, and Jin Air Green Wings finally got a second win in the LCK by taking out Longzhu Gaming 2-0.
- The Overwatch Carbon Series unfortunately had a canceled match as the Renegades squad was experiencing internet technical difficulties. The remaining match between compLexity Gaming and Luminosity Gaming Loyal was great, however, as compLexity barely won a 3-2 in the end including a crazy, unforgivable mistake by LG at the end of the 5th map on Hollywood.
LG simply neglected to stay on the payload and compLexity, in the middle of a teamfight, was able to walk the payload to a win. LG Loyal falls to 1-5 on the season, tied with Team Liquid for last.
- In the ESL Pro League CS:GO EU region, No. 5 North in the WWG CS:GO Team Rankings defeated No. 14 G2 Esports 2-0, while No. 2 Virtus.pro defeated a shorthanded No. 1 Astralis that had Zonic substituting in for Dev1ce.
In NA, No. 25 Misfits tied their set against Counter Logic Gaming 1-1 while No. 19 Team Liquid took out Selfless 2-0.
- Northern Arena, a Canadian startup esports company, is allegedly late in paying several top Dota 2 teams after their recent event along with most of the talent, including commentators, analysts, and hosts. According to TheScoreEsports.com, Team NP, Alliance, and compLexity are owed a combined $26,000 of the $100,000 total prize pool that was promised at the event.
Many top personalities also allege that they have, as of yet, not been paid for their work at the event yet.
- In more uplifting news, a group of over 50 high schools in New Zealand are creating a formal esports Highschool League. The HSL will involve over 250 students and formalizes amateur competition across the country.
Finally, James Bates, WWG LoL expert, joins to talk about the Doublelift trade to Team Liquid. Quickly though, the discussion becomes a broader debate about what makes a viewable esport that's accessible to casual viewers, and it's well worth a listen.