Gears of War has announced the first details around its Major event taking place in Paris.
SAVE THE DATE!!! The Gears Pro Circuit PARIS OPEN dates are Fri, May 5 to Sun, May 7 in Paris, France! 🇫🇷🏆 More details in the coming weeks. pic.twitter.com/mgilKpVDKt— Gears of War eSports (@eSportsGears) March 23, 2017
The Gears 4 Pro Circuit Paris Open will take place from May 5 to May 7 in the French capital. The post reveals a prize pool of $75,000. The Pro Circuit was announced in 2016 with the intention of hosting Major events such as this around the globe.
Top teams from around the world will travel to France to compete as Gears of War continues to push its presence in the esports scene. Next up on the schedule for the popular Xbox title is UGC Atlantic City Open taking place from March 31 to April 2nd with another event scheduled to take place following Paris with the MLG Las Vegas Open slotted for Summer 2017.
Atlantic City Open details from the Gears of War website:
UGC ATLANTIC CITY OPEN
1. The Tournament will support more than 48 teams, with 12 Teams starting in Pool Play and the rest starting in the Open Bracket.
2. The Open Bracket will be Double Elimination. After losing a Match in the Winners Bracket, Teams will enter the Losers Bracket. A Match loss in the Losers Bracket will result in elimination from the Tournament.
3. When 4 Teams remain in the Open Winners Bracket, they will be placed in Pool Play. When 4 Teams remain in the Open Losers Bracket, they will be placed in Championship Bracket Losers Round 1.
4. Pool Play will have 4 Pools.
5. Teams will play one Match against each of the other Teams in their Pool.
6. Teams finished their Pool in 1st and 2nd Place will be placed in the Championship Winner Bracket Round 1. Teams finishing their Pool in 3rd will be placed in Championship Bracket Losers Round 2. Teams finishing their Pool in 4th Place will be placed in Championship Bracket Losers Round 1.
7. After losing a Match in the Championship Winners Bracket, Teams will enter the Championship Losers Bracket. A Match loss in the Championship Losers Bracket or the Grand Final will result in elimination from the Tournament.
8. When one Team remains in both the Championship Winners Bracket and the Championship Losers Bracket those Teams will compete against each other in the Grand Final. The Grand Final will begin with an initial Match. If the Winners Bracket Team wins the initial Match, they will win the Tournament. If the Losers Bracket Team wins the initial Match, a 2nd Match must be played. The winner of a 2nd Match will win the Tournament.
STARTING IN POOL PLAY
Top 10 North American Gears Pro Points Team
Top 1 European Gears Pro Points Team
Top 1 Latin American Gears Pro Points Teams