Today on The Checkpoint, the daily esports show on twitch.tv/wwg that airs each weekday at 2:00 pm ET/11:00 am PT:
- The League of Legends NA LCS Spring Split regular season came to end over the weekend with many last second playoff position swaps in the standings. Echo Fox lost to FlyQuest 0-2, but beat Team EnVyUs 2-1 to sit at 6-12 for the season. When Team Liquid beat Team SoloMid on Saturday 2-1, it gave Liquid an opening to make a last second bid to avoid the Promotion Tournament this week, but losing to FlyQuest 0-2 sealed their fate.
In other gaames, Cloud9 beat Team Dignitas 2-0, Immortals beat Counter Logic Gaming 2-0, Cloud9 defeated Phoenix 1 2-0, TSM took out Phoenix1 2-0, Dignitas defeated the Immortals 2-0, and CLG won against EnVyUs 2-1.
- The EU LCS has just one more playoff spot up for grabs, and ROCCAT and Fnatic are furiously trying to get it. ROCCAT defeated Misfits 2-0 for their 5th consecutive series win, Unicorns of Love beat Origen 2-0, H2k-Gaming won over Vitality 2-1, and Fnatic defeated GIANTS! Gaming 2-1.
With Fnatic at 5-6 and ROCCAT at 5-7 in the standings, Fnatic's destiny is in their hands in the playoffs if they win out, but they face the two best teams of Group A, G2 Esports and Misfits, to do that.
- Top teams in the LCK continue to fall as Samsung Galaxy annihilated SK Telecom T1 2-0 as part of a super strong run in the second half, while KT Rolster lost to Kongdoo Monster 2-1. KT has been disappointing in recent weeks.
ROX Tigers took out MVP 2-1 to keep their playoff hopes alive, while afreeca Freecs gave their playoffs hopes a much needed lift with a 2-0 win over Longzhu Gaming who are close to them in the standings.
- The Blizzard Hearthstone team held the Hearthstone Championship Tour Winter Championship in Nassau, Bahamas over the weekend with ShtanUdachi from Team Spirit taking home the win 4-3 over Luminosity Gaming's Fr0zen. ShtanUdachi wins $60,000 and 20 HCT Points for his performance.
- In the Overwatch Carbon Series finals, Immortals won over Luminosity Gaming Evil 3-1 on the back of incredibly strong performances from Hyped and GrimReality. Renegades took out compLexity Gaming 3-1 in the 3rd place match as well.
- As part of the I Love StarCraft event in South Korea over the weekend, the StarCraft II GSL Code S Finals were held with Stats (Protoss) winning 4-2 over the consistent 2nd place finisher soO (Zerg) who has basically become a meme because of how many times he's finished 2nd at these finals. Stats went up to a quick 3-0 start, soO battled back to win 2 straight, and Stats finished off the series in game 6.
- Also at the I Love StarCraft event, StarCraft: Remastered, an HD update of the classic StarCraft: Brood War game, was announced at the show. Coming this summer, StarCraft: Remastered will have full matchmaking and widescreen HD assets on top of the old Brood War engine.
Speaking of Brood War, Blizzard also announced that the original StarCraft esport would be going completely free to play.
Later in the show Matt Best joins to decipher the playoff matchups in the NA LCS and what will happen during the last week of the LCK.