Today on The Checkpoint, the daily esports show on twitch.tv/wwg that airs each weekday at 2:00 pm ET/11:00 am PT:
- The group stages of the Dota 2 Asia Championship finished up this morning with OG finally dropping a map in their tie against Team VG.J. They end up finishing 4-1-0 and advance, along with Team Empire at 2-2-1, into the winner's semifinal from Group A. The other 4 teams, LGD.Forever Young at 2-1-2, Wings Gaming at 2-1-2, Team VG.J at 0-3-2, and Team Faceless at 0-2-3 will be advancing to the lower bracket.
In Group B, Invictus Gaming finished in 1st with a 3-2-0 record and advanced along with Newbee at 2-1-2 to the winner's semifinal. Team Liquid at 1-3-1, Team NP at 1-3-1, Evil Geniuses at 1-2-2, and iG Vitality at 1-1-3 will advance to the lower bracket.
- ESL Pro League CS:GO action featured mostly ties yesterday. On the EU side, No. 3 Natus Vincere in the WWG CS:GO Team Rankings split a set against a red-hot No. 15 HellRaisers. No. 16 Heroic also split their set against No. 12 mousesports 1-1 as well.
On the NA side, No. 7 OpTic Gaming got a much needed game win against No. 4 SK Gaming when they split the set 1-1, while No. 20 Team Liquid won 2-0 over Winterfox in the only series win of the day.
- Most of the League of Legends LCK playoff spots were decided as SK Telecom T1 defeated ROX Tigers 2-1, securing 1st place in the standings, while Samsung Galaxy took out MVP 2-0 to lock up 2nd. There is still some confusion for seeding and an outside chance that Longzhu can claim the last playoff spot over the afreeca Freecs, but otherwise the playoff picture looks pretty clear.
- The finals for the Overwatch OGN APEX Season 2 are set as Lunatic-Hai narrowly defeated Meta Athena 3-2 in the semifinals yesterday. Meta Athena's creative strategies were not quite enough to take out the mechanically solid play of Lunatic-Hai.
- The dates for Dota 2's The International are set with the even taking place August 7th-12th in Seattle, Washington. Tickets will go on sale April 4th.
- SuperDataResearch is reporting that Hearthstone is at an all time low for mobile revenue. PC revenue is also declining, but at a lower rate. The game has had vocal critics among its top players lately, and Blizzard is hoping to turn things around with the coming expansion Journey to Un'Goro.
James Bates joins the show later to talk about the LCK playoff picture including why KT Rolster has fallen off so hard this split.