Today on The Checkpoint, the daily esports show on twitch.tv/wwg that airs each weekday at 2:00 pm ET/11:00 am PT:
- League of Legends Spring Playoffs continued in the LCK as KT Rolster turned around a disappointing end to the regular season split with a 3-0 shutout of the resurgent MVP team. KT Rolster moves on to face Samsung Galaxy in the next round, with the winner going up against SK Telecom T1 in the finals.
- Group A of the ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational finished up with Panda Global's Punk taking the winner's finals over Smug 3-2. This follows on an extremely impressive pool play stage in the opening week when Punk won the group outright to secure his spot in the semifinals.
Momochi from Echo Fox took 2nd in the group winning the rematch against Smug 3-0. Smug had ealier 3-0'd Momochi in the winner's semifinals putting an end to the incredible run Smug had had up until that point, 3-0'ing Julio Fuentes, Infiltration, and Momochi before falling to Punk in the finals.
Punk and Momochi will move on to the 8 player playoffs at the end of the season.
- The OGN Overwatch APEX Season 2 finals concluded in style over the weekend with an outright brawl between Cinderella story RunAway against Lunatic-Hai. After going up 3-1 in the first four games, RunAway looked well poised to finish the night early in their favor. Lunatic-Hai, though, pulled off three straight victories with great, aggressive defenses where they refused to give an inch to RunAway, winning the set 4-3 and claiming almost $90,000 in the process.
In the 3rd place match, LW Blue defeated Meta Athena 3-1 to take 3rd in the event.9
- The Rocket League RLCS Midseason Mayhem event proved to have some surprises on the NA side, as the dominant NRG Esports ended up losing to Genesis 3-0 in the semifinals of this $10,000 event. Genesis would go on to take the NA event after beating the very strong Selfless Gaming 3-1 in the finals.
On the EU side, Mock-It Esports EU ended up defeating Resonant Esports 3-2 in an extremely close finals. Resonant had a difficult road the entire way, taking out PENTA Sports 3-1 and Gale Force Esports 3-2 before the finals.
- The Esports Arena group announced plans to renovate a 30,000 sq ft nightclub in the Luxor in Las Vegas, Nevada to create their newest arena. The stadium will be able to seat several hundred spectators with full press and analysis booths included in the design.
Later in the show, Dustin Mouret, CS:GO analyst and commentator, joins to talk about the StarLadder i-League StarSeries Season 3 finals, including why No. 3 Virtus.pro in the WWG CS:GO Team Rankings and No. 4 SK Gaming came up short, how No. 9 G2 Esports performed their first time on LAN, and whether or not No. 5 FaZe Clan can keep winning events.